Sunday, March 31, 2013

Legit Online Jobs - Part 4 - Data Entry Researcher

Now here's a legit online job I had no idea was even listed on the My Data Team web site until last week, and it really came as a surprise to me.  I should say I didn't understand what Data Entry Researcher meant until I started looking through the training and now I realize I've done this kind of job many times before.  You can seriously earn a good amount of money here for doing very little work that is also fun and easy.  The reason I can say that this is absolutely a legit online job is because I have a lot of experience doing this stuff.  I bet many of you reading this have made good money doing it too.  But I've always made money completing these jobs in a personal setting, with a group of people.  I didn't realize until going through some of the My Data Team training, that there are hundreds of legitimate companies out there that will pay you to do this work online too.  What am I talking about?  Well, focus groups and surveys of course!  I guess My Data Team thought it sounded more professional to label this job as Data Entry Researcher.  But seriously, I have made at least $2000 (probably more) in the past few years partaking in focus groups (not surveys though - I guess that means I'm experienced in only half of this program then).

I haven't gone through the entire Data Entry Researcher training yet, but now that I know what it is, I'm super excited to dive into it and start doing some of these jobs ASAP.  I can already tell that this is similar to Traditional Data Entry (where I've made all my money from My Data Team so far); you can read about how I've made money from Traditional Data Entry here.  The reason I say these two are similar is because with both of them, you can start making money as soon as you complete a specific job.  This is different than Global Data Entry and Blogging (which I will discuss in an upcoming entry), because with those two, you need to be patient and do consistent work before you see money coming in.  As soon as I learn more about the Data Entry Researcher position in the My Data Team training, I'm going to update this page, so check back often if you want to learn more.  In the bullet points below, I'm going to list what My Data Team explains you will be doing as a Data Entry Researcher as well as how much money you can expect to earn.

But before I get to the bullet points, I'm going to tell you why participating in focus groups is really fun, and give you some specific jobs I've done.  I just realized we're three paragraphs into this already and I haven't even explained to you what a focus group is.  It's really simple.  Big companies out there have millions of dollars to spend, and ALOT of that money is spent on market research, which means, they want to know what kinds of people buy their products.  For instance, Toyota might want to know what Males between the ages of 18 and 30 think about a series of commercials they are thinking of airing on television.  Or Tempur-pedic beds may want to understand people's opinions on different mattresses they're thinking of releasing to the public.  Red Bull Energy Drink may want to know people's opinions on a new image they're thinking of putting on their cans.  Bottom line is, companies WILL pay you just to share your opinions, because without us, the people who buy their products, they wouldn't exist.  All three of the examples I gave were actual focus groups I was part of; they were all fun, and they all paid really good money.  The focus groups I have participated in have paid about $100 to $200 for you to sit with a group of people and share your opinions on specific products for one to two hours.  That's not bad at all.  Okay, read on below to understand more about how My Data Team offers this as one of their many legit online jobs.
Job Title - Data Entry Researcher

Job Description - Verbatim from My Data Team's web site - "You can participate in studies, by means of online surveys, focus groups, and study panels.  Giving an opinion is second nature to us. Many times a day we offer up our thoughts and feelings on the goods we use and receive. We use a new product and we evaluate its effectiveness. We see a film and discuss its merits. We try a different brand of coffee and form an opinion on the taste. Opinions make up the bulk of our discourse and comprise the majority of our thoughts.  Because of how natural our opinions are to us, it's hard to imagine that there are people willing to pay us money just to hear what we think! To understand why our opinions are such valuable commodities and why companies are willing to pay big bucks to hear what people have to say, it's important to understand a little bit about market research, what it is, and how it works."

To sum this up, you will be participating in either focus groups or surveys online for LEGITIMATE COMPANIES.  I want to stress that these are legitimate companies because I'm sure many of you have received emails or pop-ups that claim they will pay you to complete surveys, but many of those are scams that want your credit card information and who knows what else.  A legitimate company will NEVER ask you to pay them a penny.  THEY will pay YOU for your opinions.  

How Much Money You Can Make - Verbatim from My Data Team's web site - "The average time you might spend participating in these research studies, then typing your research data could be between 15 to 20 minutes on average. The average earning is $300 a week. If you spend a lot of time each day doing these studies when they are available, you can earn $500 or more per week fairly easily."

Some companies will pay you via PayPal and others via check, and many companies let you choose how you'd like to be paid.  I've been paid either cash, or check, but remember that I've always completed focus groups in person, so they've always paid me at the end of each session I attended.  

So that's it for part 4 of this legit online jobs blog series.  A job as a Data Entry Researcher is fun and easy.  Plus, it doesn't take much time and companies pay you really good money for your opinions.  I've made great money doing this (and I still do it regularly at various Chicago locations when they have work available).  As I said, I'm going to update this blog as I dive into the My Data Team training for Data Entry Researcher.  Once again, if you choose to sign up with My Data Team directly through this web site, I will be happy to offer free phone support to help answer any questions you have.  Even if you don't choose to sign up with them or are on the fence about it, shoot me an email or leave a comment, and I'll get back to you, usually within a day (unless I get eaten by carnivorous walking fish that are roaming the streets of Chicago).  Oh man, my humor is warped.  Stay tuned for 'Legit Online Jobs 5' coming in the next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment